Thanks for using Anytune. We strive to bring you simply intuitive, well-supported, elegant products and services that provide a great user experience. We hope you like them.
By using our Services, you are agreeing to the terms below.
Basically, we strive to provide you the best products we can, but we cannot guaranteed perfection; we will respect your privacy and not share your data; we expect you to respect other users, and our products and services.
Anytune Terms of Service
Posted: June 12, 2015
Anytune Services are provided by Anystone Technologies Inc. (“Us,” “Our,” “We” ) and include:
- application software that runs on your devices including iPhones, iPads and Mac computers (“Apps“),
- web services that allow you to register as a user ID, download Apps and upload, download and share content (“Web Services“), and
- Anytune’s web site located at anytune.us, and all associated sites linked to anytune.us by Us, (collectively, the “Site“).
The Services are protected by copyright, trademark, and other Canadian and foreign laws. These Terms don’t grant you any right, title or interest in the Services, others’ content in the Services, Anystone Technologies Inc.’s trademarks, logos and other brand features. We welcome feedback, but note that We may use comments or suggestions without any obligation to you.
Your Music Data & Your Permissions
When you use Our Web Services, you may provide us with content such as music meta data including settings, marks, notes, links and so on (“Your Music Data“). Your Music Data is yours. These Terms don’t give us any rights to Your Music Data except for the limited rights that enable us to offer the Services.
We need your permission to do things like hosting Your Music Data, backing it up, and sharing it when you ask us to. Our Services also provide you with features like transferring, sorting, editing, sharing and searching. These and other features may require our systems to access, store and scan Your Music Data. You give us permission to do those things, and this permission extends to our affiliates and trusted third parties We work with.
Sharing Your Music Data
Our Services let you share files and Your Music Data with others, so please think carefully about what you share.
You’re responsible for your conduct, Your Music Data and you must comply with our Acceptable Use Policy. Content in the Services may be protected by others’ intellectual property rights. Please don’t copy, upload, download or share content unless you have the right to do so.
We may review your conduct and content for compliance with these Terms and our Acceptable Use Policy. With that said, We have no obligation to do so. We aren’t responsible for the content people post and share via the Services.
Please safeguard your password to the Services, make sure that others don’t have access to it, and keep your account information current.
Finally, our Web Services are not intended for and may not be used by people under the age of 13. By using our web Services, you are representing to us that you are over 13.
Anytune Apps downloaded from Apple’s App Store and/or Apple’s Mac App Store are licensed to you under the terms of Apple’s Standard LICENSED APPLICATION END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
Anytune Apps acquired outside Apple’s App Store are bound by the terms of the Anytune End Use License Agreement.
By using Anytune Apps you are agreeing be bound by the terms of the applicable LICENSE. If you do not agree to the terms of the License, do not install and/or use the Anytune Apps.
You are free to stop using our Services at any time. We also reserve the right to suspend or end the Services at any time at our discretion and without notice. For example, We may suspend or terminate your use of the Services if you’re not complying with these Terms, or use the Services in a manner that would cause us legal liability, disrupt the Services or disrupt others’ use of the Services. We reserve the right to terminate and delete your account if you haven’t accessed our Services for 12 consecutive months. We’ll of course provide you with notice via the email address associated with your account before We do so.
Services “AS IS”
We strive to provide really good Services, but there are certain things that We can’t guarantee. To the fullest extent permitted by law Anystone Technologies Inc. makes no warranties, expressed or implied, about the Services. The Services are provided “AS IS”. We also disclaim any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Further, Anystone Technologies, Inc. does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the material on its Site, any site linked or use of the Services. Some places don’t allow the disclaimers in this paragraph, so they may not apply to you.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall Anystone Technologies, Inc. or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption), arising out of the use or inability to use the Services even if Anystone Technologies, Inc. or any of its authorized representatives has been notified of the possibility of such damage. Some places don’t allow the types of limitations in this paragraph, so they may not apply to you.
Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing within Our Services could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. We do not warrant that any of the materials within our Services are accurate, complete, or current. We may make changes to the content in the Services at any time without notice. We do not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
We do not monitor all of the URLs linked to/from Our Services and are not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Anystone Technologies, Inc. of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
Any claim relating to Our Services shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Anystone Technologies Inc. with respect to the subject matter of these Terms, and supersede and replace any other prior or contemporaneous agreements, or terms and conditions applicable to the subject matter of these Terms. These Terms create no third party beneficiary rights.
Waiver, Severability & Assignment
Anystone technologies, Inc. failure to enforce a provision is not a waiver of its right to do so later. If a provision is found unenforceable, the remaining provisions of the Terms will remain in full effect and an enforceable term will be substituted reflecting our intent as closely as possible. You may not assign any of your rights under these Terms, and any such attempt will be void. Anystone Technologies Inc. may assign its rights to any of its affiliates or subsidiaries, or to any successor in interest of any business associated with the Services.
If you want to provide feedback, have any questions or need clarification, please contact us.
LICENSED APPLICATION END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
The Products transacted through the Service are licensed, not sold, to You for use only under the terms of this license. We, Anystone Technologies, Inc. (“Application Provider”) reserves all rights not expressly granted to You. The Product that is subject to this license is referred to in this license as the “Licensed Application.”
- Scope of License: This license granted to You for the Licensed Application by Application Provider is limited to a non-transferable license to use the Licensed Application on applicable devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Mac) that You own or control. This license does not allow You to use the Licensed Application on any device that You do not own or control, and You may not distribute or make the Licensed Application available over a network where it could be used by multiple devices at the same time. You may not rent, lease, lend, sell, redistribute or sublicense the Licensed Application. You may not copy (except as expressly permitted by this license and the Usage Rules), decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, modify, or create derivative works of the Licensed Application, any updates, or any part thereof (except as and only to the extent any foregoing restriction is prohibited by applicable law or to the extent as may be permitted by the licensing terms governing use of any open sourced components included with the Licensed Application). Any attempt to do so is a violation of the rights of the Application Provider and its licensors. If You breach this restriction, You may be subject to prosecution and damages. The terms of the license will govern any upgrades provided by Application Provider that replace and/or supplement the original Product, unless such upgrade is accompanied by a separate license in which case the terms of that license will govern.
- Consent to Use of Data: You agree that Application Provider may collect and use technical data and related information, including but not limited to technical information about Your device, system and application software, and peripherals, that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, product support and other services to You (if any) related to the Licensed Application. Application Provider may use this information, as long as it is in a form that does not personally identify You, to improve its products or to provide services or technologies to You.
- Termination. The license is effective until terminated by You or Application Provider. Your rights under this license will terminate automatically without notice from the Application Provider if You fail to comply with any term(s) of this license. Upon termination of the license, You shall cease all use of the Licensed Application, and destroy all copies, full or partial, of the Licensed Application.
- Services; Third Party Materials. The Licensed Application may enable access to Application Provider’s and third party services and web sites (collectively and individually, “Services”). Use of the Services may require Internet access and that You accept additional terms of service.
You understand that by using any of the Services, You may encounter content that may be deemed offensive, indecent, or objectionable, which content may or may not be identified as having explicit language, and that the results of any search or entering of a particular URL may automatically and unintentionally generate links or references to objectionable material. Nevertheless, You agree to use the Services at Your sole risk and that the Application Provider shall not have any liability to You for content that may be found to be offensive, indecent, or objectionable.
Certain Services may display, include or make available content, data, information, applications or materials from third parties (“Third Party Materials”) or provide links to certain third party web sites. By using the Services, You acknowledge and agree that the Application Provider is not responsible for examining or evaluating the content, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality or any other aspect of such Third Party Materials or web sites. The Application Provider does not warrant or endorse and does not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to You or any other person for any third-party Services, Third Party Materials or web sites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third parties. Third Party Materials and links to other web sites are provided solely as a convenience to You. Neither the Application Provider, nor any of its content providers, guarantees the availability, accuracy, completeness, reliability, or timeliness of stock information or location data displayed by any Services.
You agree that any Services contain proprietary content, information and material that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws, including but not limited to copyright, and that You will not use such proprietary content, information or materials in any way whatsoever except for permitted use of the Services. No portion of the Services may be reproduced in any form or by any means. You agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, or create derivative works based on the Services, in any manner, and You shall not exploit the Services in any unauthorized way whatsoever, including but not limited to, by trespass or burdening network capacity. You further agree not to use the Services in any manner to harass, abuse, stalk, threaten, defame or otherwise infringe or violate the rights of any other party, and that the Application Provider is not in any way responsible for any such use by You, nor for any harassing, threatening, defamatory, offensive or illegal messages or transmissions that You may receive as a result of using any of the Services.
In addition, third party Services and Third Party Materials that may be accessed from, displayed on or linked to from your devices are not available in all languages or in all countries. The Application Provider makes no representation that such Services and Materials are appropriate or available for use in any particular location. To the extent You choose to access such Services or Materials, You do so at Your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws, including but not limited to applicable local laws. The Application Provider, and its licensors, reserve the right to change, suspend, remove, or disable access to any Services at any time without notice. In no event will the Application Provider be liable for the removal of or disabling of access to any such Services. The Application Provider may also impose limits on the use of or access to certain Services, in any case and without notice or liability.
- NO WARRANTY: YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT USE OF THE LICENSED APPLICATION IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY AND EFFORT IS WITH YOU. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE LICENSED APPLICATION AND ANY SERVICES PERFORMED OR PROVIDED BY THE LICENSED APPLICATION (“SERVICES”) ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE”, WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND APPLICATION PROVIDER HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE LICENSED APPLICATION AND ANY SERVICES, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OF ACCURACY, OF QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. APPLICATION PROVIDER DOES NOT WARRANT AGAINST INTERFERENCE WITH YOUR ENJOYMENT OF THE LICENSED APPLICATION, THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN, OR SERVICES PERFORMED OR PROVIDED BY, THE LICENSED APPLICATION WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE OPERATION OF THE LICENSED APPLICATION OR SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE LICENSED APPLICATION OR SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY APPLICATION PROVIDER OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY. SHOULD THE LICENSED APPLICATION OR SERVICES PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS ON APPLICABLE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Limitation of Liability. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL APPLICATION PROVIDER BE LIABLE FOR PERSONAL INJURY, OR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE LICENSED APPLICATION, HOWEVER CAUSED, REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY (CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) AND EVEN IF APPLICATION PROVIDER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY, OR OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. In no event shall Application Provider’s total liability to you for all damages (other than as may be required by applicable law in cases involving personal injury) exceed the amount of fifty dollars ($50.00). The foregoing limitations will apply even if the above stated remedy fails of its essential purpose.
- You may not use or otherwise export or re-export the Licensed Application except as authorized by United States law and the laws of the jurisdiction in which the Licensed Application was obtained. In particular, but without limitation, the Licensed Application may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any U.S. embargoed countries or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Person’s List or Entity List. By using the Licensed Application, you represent and warrant that you are not located in any such country or on any such list. You also agree that you will not use these products for any purposes prohibited by United States law, including, without limitation, the development, design, manufacture or production of nuclear, missiles, or chemical or biological weapons.
- The Licensed Application and related documentation are “Commercial Items”, as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. §2.101, consisting of “Commercial Computer Software” and “Commercial Computer Software Documentation”, as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202, as applicable. Unpublished-rights reserved under the copyright laws of the Canada.
- The laws of the province of Ontario, Canada, excluding its conflicts of law rules, govern this license and your use of the Licensed Application. Your use of the Licensed Application may also be subject to other local, state, national, or international laws. [separator
We appreciate your trust and respect your privacy.
Privacy and Data Collection Policy
The Application complies with Apple’s App Store Review Guidelines that include privacy. Apple’s has its own security policy: https://www.apple.com/privacy/.
User Provided Information
The Application has access to music collections that you authorize. This can include your device’s music library as well as tracks imported from other locations.
The Application stores information that you create for imported tracks to support its basic functions. You can share this data across your devices through Apple’s iCloud or by transferring a file.
The Developer undertakes to use your email address for the purpose for which you provided it.
Automatically Collected Information
The Application tracks and submits crash information to identify and solve software problems.
When you send us an email support request from within the application your device’s hardware and software versions are included in the message along with any recent error or informational logs which the Application may have generated.
The Application uniquely identifies and profiles each device. The anonymous and aggregate data collected is used to allow the Developers to improve the customer experience and make decisions on what devices and OS versions to support. We cannot link this data to an individual customer.
The Application accesses several external websites to collect information presented to you within the Application. The Application does not provide any of these sites any information.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
IP Addresses are not stored in our database.
Email addresses are stored in our support system for the purposes of responding to inquiries and for keeping a history. We will not sell your email address or contact you about a matter unrelated to communications which were previously established by you.
Your name and email address used to register with the Service are stored in our registration system and are used to provide access to capabilities provided by the Application including temporary access for evaluation purposes.
We do not use the Application to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Application. Please be aware that, although we endeavor provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
If you want to provide feedback, have any questions or need clarification, please contact us.
Anytune Acceptable Use Policy
Anytune is used by musical artists everywhere. We respect you and your art and trust you to use our services responsibly.
You agree not to misuse Anytune services (“Services“) or help anyone else to do so. For example, you agree not to do or attempt to do any of the following in connection with the Services:
- probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network;
- breach or otherwise circumvent any security or authentication measures;
- access, tamper with, or use non-public areas or parts of the Services, or shared areas of the Services you haven’t been invited to;
- interfere with or disrupt any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing any part of the Services;
- access, search, or create accounts for the Services by any means other than our publicly supported interfaces (for example, “scraping” or creating accounts in bulk);
- send unsolicited communications, promotions or advertisements, or spam;
- send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information, including “spoofing” or “phishing”;
- promote or advertise products or services other than your own without appropriate authorization;
- advocate bigotry or hatred against any person or group of people based on their race, religion, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual preference, disability, or impairment;
- violate the law in any way, including storing, publishing or sharing material that’s fraudulent, defamatory, or misleading; or
- violate the privacy or infringe the rights of others.
If you want to provide feedback, have any questions or need clarification, please contact us.